Amending the name of the policyholder

Stage Description Comments

Advise Old Mutual of your new name.

There is no form for this process. A signed letter is required along with either the original Marriage Certificate or a certified copy of it.


If your name has been changed by Deed Poll, we will again need to see either the original document or a certified copy of it.

You must sign the letter in both your old and new names. 


Send the letter and relevant documents to Old Mutual at:

Albert House,
South Esplanade,
St Peter Port,
Guernsey, GY1 1AW
Channel Islands

Mark for the attention of the Policy Servicing Section.


Old Mutual will update the details held on the system with your new name. Once updated we will produce an endorsement detailing the change. We send this endorsement to you to be kept with the Policy Document.

Our standard turnaround time is 5 working days from receipt.


We are unable to issue an amended Policy Document as these are legally binding and cannot be changed. The endorsement should be kept so the amendment to the policy is identified.

Please note:-
Although we endeavour to issue the documentation to you as quickly as possible, delays may be experienced with the different postal services in various countries.

The content of this site is not for the use of Hong Kong investors, however it does provide you (Hong Kong investors) with a secure customer login.