The Flexible Investment Account is an online product available through Wealth Interactive that can adapt if your circumstances change.
It allows you, with your financial adviser representative, to create an investment that’s tailored for your needs. You must start your policy with a lump sum of SG$80,000, or the equivalent amount in a range of other currencies. You are then free to choose how much more to invest and when, in agreement with us.
It’s ideal if your earnings fluctuate, because you can change the amount you invest regularly, or add extra lump sums when you get bonuses or one-off payments. Plus there’s no fixed term for regular payments, so you can invest the amount that’s right for you, knowing you can make changes in the future.
The minimum regular payments are SG$1,600 per month, and the minimum amount for further lump sum payments is SG$8,000.
With advice from your financial adviser representative, you can choose:
- how and when to make payments in (subject to our acceptance), or take withdrawals
- how long to invest for
- where your money is invested
- the charging structure that suits you best, which you choose when setting the policy up
- when to buy and sell assets
- the currencies in which you want to pay premiums or denominate your policy
- how involved you want to be in monitoring your investment.
Taking money out of your policy, especially in the early years, will dramatically reduce the potential for your assets to perform. It also gives you less opportunity to mitigate the effect of the charges made when you started your policy. So we strongly believe you should stay invested for at least five years.
The Flexible Investment Account is an offshore, investment-linked, whole of life assurance policy provided by Old Mutual International Isle of Man Limited Singapore Branch. In the event of the death of the relevant life assured, the death benefit is 101% of the sale value of the portfolio of assets, less any outstanding establishment charge that may apply.
The Flexible Investment Account is powered by Wealth Interactive, our online wealth management service, so you can keep track of its performance whenever you want.
This product could be right for you if you want to:
- save for growth over the medium- to long-term
- take withdrawals from your policy to supplement your income
- save for your retirement
- create a fund for your children’s or grandchildren’s future
- ensure you can continue to enjoy your lifestyle in later years.
- access your Flexible Investment Account online at any time
- monitor your investment online quickly and simply
- make changes to your assets easily.
For more information, download the product brochure below:
Policy Terms and Conditions:
These are our current terms and conditions, if you are a new customer these are our standard conditions. If you decide to apply for a contract with us/or already have a contract with us then the terms that apply to your contract will be confirmed to you.