What is the European Wealth Bond?
The European Wealth Bond is specifically designed to be used with a Discretionary Asset Manager, appointed by Old Mutual International Ireland, meaning you can give your clients peace of mind that their investment strategy is being managed by experts who they trust.
This bond offers an extensive range of investments plus flexible withdrawals, tax efficiency and trust benefits, providing a joined up solution for UK-residents.
The Bond is specifically designed for use with a Discretionary Asset Manager and assets can only be managed by one.
Summary of the main benefits of our European Wealth Bond:
- Minimum premium £100,000*
- Designed to be a medium- to long-term investment (meaning five years or more)
- Tax benefits for UK-resident investors
- Wide choice of assets on offer, for example access to direct equities
- Appointing a Discretionary Asset Manager makes it a suitable solution for clients who don’t want the responsibility and administrative burden of monitoring and managing the assets linked to the bond
- Offers the possibility for lower Total Expense Ratios (TERs)
- Access to a market leading range of trust solutions
* Although the Discretionary Asset Manager may impose their own, higher minimum premium.
Supporting your sales of this attractive investment solution
To help you and your clients benefit from this fantastic opportunity, we’ve prepared a suite of supporting documents, including:
Please click here to view the other supporting documents for the European Wealth Bond.
The Wealth Bond could be suitable for customers who:
- want all the investment decisions to be made by a discretionary asset manager
- would like to benefit from investment in a wider choice of assets than is normally permitted within an offshore bond in the UK, including direct equities
- want to invest, individually or jointly, a minimum of £100,000 or currency equivalent over the medium- to long-term, with the aim of achieving growth, bearing in mind that growth is not guaranteed
- are either a UK resident individual aged between 18 and 90, or a company or trust
- want to use the Bond as part of their tax planning
- want the option of taking regular withdrawals
The Wealth Bond might not be right for customers who:
- want to keep control and decide how their money is invested
- have no other savings or investments
- need access to their capital in the short term
- are not willing and able to accept the risk of potential investment losses
Contact your Sales Consultant or e-mail email@example.com to discuss how the European Wealth Bond could be the ideal investment solution for your clients.
The information provided on this page is not intended to offer advice. It is based on Old Mutual International's interpretation of the relevant law and is correct at the time of publication. While we believe this interpretation to be correct, we cannot guarantee it. Old Mutual International cannot accept any responsibility for any action taken or refrained from being taken as a result of the information contained on this page.
Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. The value of the investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the amount invested. Where a transaction involves more than one currency the investor may be exposed to the risk of currency fluctuations.