The European Collective Investment Bond (ECIB) from Old Mutual International Ireland dac is a portfolio bond specifically designed to be tax-efficient. It gives your clients freedom to build on their wealth by investing in a wide range of funds to help create a positive financial future.
The European Collective Investment Bond – PRIIPs could be suitable for customers who:
- are UK, or other expatriate, or local individual, company or trust, based in a European country*
- are aged between 18 and 89
- are looking to invest at least €37,500 or currency equivalent into this product
- want to invest tax-efficiently over the medium- to long-term
- are planning for their retirement or looking for ways to protect and pass on their wealth to future generations by using an appropriate trust or nomination
- want to achieve investment growth aligned to their attitude to risk
- want to invest in collective investment schemes such as funds and are happy to accept more risk than saving into a bank account
- want to have an option for a discretionary asset manager to be appointed* to make investment decisions and construct a bespoke portfolio.
*Subject to our approval
The European Collective Investment Bond – PRIIPs might not be suitable for customers who:
- are under 18 years of age
- have no other savings or investments
- are new to investing and are not comfortable in making investment decisions
- are not happy to accept the risk of potential investment losses and are looking for guaranteed investment growth
- require instant access to their money
- wish to invest their money in cash or stocks and shares or professional investor funds.
Clarifying the status of the ECIB available through Old Mutual International Ireland
The European Collective Investment Bond (ECIB/E05A) is available in Cyprus, Belgium, Luxembourg, Malta, Gibraltar and the UK (for brokers passporting into the UK). As this product is designed to be acceptable in a number of jurisdictions, there are various legal and regulatory regimes that apply. As such, this product is not designed to accept either Alternative Investment Schemes (AIS) or Unregulated Collective Investment Schemes (UCIS). If these asset types are required then they continue to be acceptable assets through the European Executive Investment Bond (EEIB/E04A) only if available in the relevant territory.
Award-winning interactive online wealth management service
Both you and your clients can benefit from our award-winning innovative online service called Wealth Interactive that powers our Portfolio Bonds. Please click here for further information.
Supporting your sales of this attractive investment solution
To help you and your clients benefit from this fantastic opportunity, we’ve prepared a suite of supporting documents, including:
For all other application forms and other documents, please refer to the literature library. Contact your Sales Consultant or e-mail email@example.com to discuss how this could be the right product for your clients.
If you are looking for previous versions of the product literature, please contact us using the details on the contact us page.